The test was conducted on AMCAT portal. It was general Computer based test which include Verbal, Quantitative ability, Logical and reasoning ability questions and domain based question (Mech/Meta). Each section has individual time limit so you must have good practice of aptitude. Question level was moderate and domain based questions were easy (mostly meta, tom, thermo, fm, and few on MD and IC Engine -for mech).
Check this for more-https://www.myamcat.com/amcat-syllabus
Practice on Indiabix-https://www.indiabix.com/
This was not like our general GD, 2 groups were made each group have different task.
Our group had 10 members and we were given a article to read for 10min and we have to discussed on that. In our case article consist of 6 people and there achievement and we have to find best person among them whose name is to use to name a institute.
This may help-http://home.moravian.edu/public/chem/public_html/group_discussion_guide.htm
This round is easy if you say things that you know in your introduction. Its purely technical and just 1 or 2 HR questions. Prepare your core subjects well and keep atleast 2 subject that you like very well prepared.
My Interview went like this--
1.Tell me about yourself
2. Asked me to explain the project I mention in resume - this could take time as I was not able to explain it in first attempt they asked me to explain it again.
3. Favourite subject- I said IC engines and Thermodynamics and all the question were on this only after that.
4. Explain working of Engine and compare efficiency, what are the types of efficiences.
5.What is cooling tower
6. Minimum temparature that cooling tower can achieve- wet bulb temp.
7. Difference between wet bulb and dry bulb temp.
8. Cycles in thermodynamics
9. What you know about Aditya Birla - I mention there work and plants of Al and Cu so they asked me properties of Aluminium.
In GD read the question properly and prepare your answer accordingly. Discussion may get diverted because of that, in our case we have to give a name to institute but people diverted the discussion to who is best in achievement among the person mention in article.
In interview if they asked fav. subject always mention those which you are fully prepared off. Prepare your resume and project you mention there.
All the best!!